From right: Mrs. Hana Klucerova (Deputy Head of Mission of the Czech Republic in Nigeria), His Excelency Rt. Hion. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi (Governor), Her Excellency, Lolo Cecelia Ezeilo (Deputy Governor) and Engr. Emeka C. Ene (Chairman of Empower Free Trade Management Company.
Governor Ugwuanyi who spoke at the ground-breaking ceremony of the Enpower Free Trade Zone in Enugu, noted that such construction would create:
- room for the expected increase in air traffic at Akanu Ibiam International Airport; and
- contribute to the socio-economic development of the state, creating hundred of thousands of direct and indirect jobs;
- initiate the infrastructure development of the State
The Governor of Enugu State, Rt. Hon. has said that the establishment of the Enpower Free Trade Zone in the state necessitates the construction of a second runway at the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu.
Earlier, the Deputy Head of Mission at the Czech Republic Embassy in Nigeria, Mrs. Hana Klucarova, representing MDA CAPITAL INVEST, said that the Czech Republic, would partner and work with the Enugu State government in order to make the free trade zone a success.
Enpower-FTZ provides investors with world-class infrastructure, supported with value-added services and Federal government-mandated incentives within two free-trade zone areas located at the Ninth-mile industrial zone and the Akanu Ibiam International Airport respectively.
Enpower-FTZ offers investors the benefits of huge business opportunities from a potential market of 1.033 billion people on the African continent, the second-largest and second most populous continent on earth with 54 recognized sovereign states and countries, 9 territories and 2 de-facto independent states. Enpower- FTZ gives access to markets covered by the Economic Community of West African States, ECOWAS, the thriving Nigerian market, (the largest economy in Africa) and a direct unparalleled connection to the untapped industrial heartland of South-Eastern Nigeria, home to the Onitsha, Nnewi and Aba industrial centres. Business activities and opportunities for investment available in the Enugu Free Trade Zone include:
- Trading Business Activities: import, export, trade and temporary or permanent storage of items or goods;
- Service Business Activities: logistics services such as cargo (sea, land, air), warehousing, storage, parking, trans- shipment and distribution; and
- Industrial Business Activities: Direct import of raw materials, manufacture of specified products and ex- port of finished products.